Companies and individuals under the following statutes apply for and maintain licensure with Ohio via the NMLS.
- Ohio Check Cashing Act
- Ohio Consumer Installment Loan Act
- Ohio Credit Services Organization Act
- Ohio General Loan Law
- Ohio Precious Metals Dealer Act
- Ohio Premium Finance Act
- Ohio Residential Mortgage Lending Act
- Ohio Short-Term Loan Act
- Ohio Small Loan Act
Pawnbrokers licensed with Ohio DFI may choose to create an account with NMLS.
NMLS for applicants
- Getting Started links provide all information for individuals and companies to create an account on the NMLS, start the application, and submit all documents to apply for a license.
- Ohio Checklists provide all requirements for the documents that must be submitted with a New Application.
- Mortgage Loan Originator Temporary Authority to Operate
NMLS for current licensees
- Ohio Checklists provide all requirements for companies that wish to amend or surrender company location(s).
- MCR how-to documents
- Company Quick Guides
- Individual Quick Guides
NMLS Consumer Access
Consumer Access is the public online licensee look-up portal, a free service for consumers to confirm that the financial-services company or professional with whom they wish to conduct business is authorized to conduct business in their state.