References and Resources
Ohio Revised and Administrative Codes
The Ohio laws and rules that govern Consumer Finance licensees.
All statutes are subject to Ohio Revised Code 1321.21.
- Consumer Installment Loan Act (ORC Chapter 1321, Sections 1321.62-1321.702, 1321.20, 1321.99)
- General Loan Law (ORC Chapter 1321, Sections 1321.51-1321.60, 1321.20, 1321.99) and related Adminsitrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-3)
- Ohio Pawnbroker Act (ORC Chapter 4727) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-5)
- Ohio Short-Term Loan Act (ORC Chapter 1321, Sections 1321.35-1321.48, 1321.20, 1321.99) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-11)
- Ohio Small Loan Act (ORC Chapter 1321, Sections 1321.01-1321.20, 1321.20, 1321.99) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-1)
- Ohio Check Cashing Act (ORC Chapter 1315, Sections 1315.21-1315.30) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-8)
- Ohio Credit Service Organization Act (ORC Chapter 4712) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-10)
- Ohio Insurance Premium Finance Act (ORC Chapter 1321, Sections 1321-71-1321.99, 1321.20) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-4)
- Ohio Precious Metals Dealer Act (ORC Chapter 4728) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-6)
Mortgage Lending and Services
- Residential Mortgage Lending Act (ORC Chapter 1322) and related Administrative Rules (OAC 1301:8-7)
Federal Laws and Resources
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) and Regulation Z
- RESPA and Regulation X
- Reg-P governs the treatment of nonpublic personal information about consumers by the financial institutions for which the Board has primary supervisory authority.
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age, because an applicant receives income from a public assistance program, or because an applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
- Search for registered Money Services Businesses at FinCen.
Mortgage: Ohio Attorney General Forms
The Office of the Ohio Attorney General houses mortgage forms required to be provided to borrowers by all Registrants or Letter of Exemption holders under the Ohio Residential Mortgage Loan Act.
Ohio Secretary of State
The Ohio Secretary of State is responsible for registering companies to do business in Ohio.
Ohio Department of Taxation
Ohio Department of Insurance
Ohio Department of Insurance for Mortgage Title Companies