An S-1 class permit (R.C. 4303.232) allows...
- An A-1 or A-1c permit holder or a beer manufacturer outside of Ohio can sell beer directly to personal consumers (residents) in Ohio by receiving and filling orders the personal consumer submits to the permit holder.
- Beer manufacturers cannot direct ship product to an Ohio retailer—that must be done through an Ohio B-1 wholesale distributor.
- A winery that produces less than 250,000 gallons per year, regardless of where made, whether an A-2, A-2f permit holder, or a winery outside of Ohio, to direct ship its product to an Ohio consumer of legal age in the same manner as a beer manufacturer
- No family household shall purchase more than 24 cases of twelve 750 ml (2.375-gallon, or 9.5-quart) bottles of wine in one year for personal consumption only (see R.C. 4303.236).
An S-2 class permit (R.C. 4303.233) allows...
- wineries producing 250,000 gallons or more of wine per year, regardless of where made, to direct ship its product to an Ohio consumer of legal age.
- $100 Non-Refundable application PROCESSING FEE for S-1 or S-2 applicants
- $25 to direct ship BEER to costumers. (S-1)
- $25 to direct ship WINE and produces LESS than 250,000 gallons of wine per year regardless of where it is made. (S-1)
- $250 to direct ship WINE and produces 250,000 gallons or MORE of wine per year regardless of where it is made. Note, each year thereafter, the fee is only $100. (S-2)