When a current liquor permit holder:
- Transfers the ownership of its permit to another person or business at the same location;
- Changes the location where it will conduct its business and alcohol sales; or
- Proposes to transfer the ownership and location of its permit to another person or entity
It must file the applicable transfer application with the Division. Transfer application may also be required when:
- Members within an LLC change their interests, whether membership or voting; or
- Shareholders change the amount of stock they hold in the INC.
More specifically, the types of transfers include what are commonly referred to as TRFO, TFOL, TRFL, or TREX. For more information on these transfer types, see our Guides and Resources in the left-hand menu. Depending on the type of transaction and/or business entity, you may also need to file additional forms (the additional required forms will be listed within the application).
To view a description of the license you are transferring, view the list of Permit Class Types.