Complete this form only if the company in question has a new charter number issued by the Ohio Secretary of State’s office. If you are changing a company’s name and the Ohio Secretary of State’s office issues the same charter number as your previous company, use the Change Application – Business to complete your request.
Prior to submitting this application, a new LLC must have its Doing Business As (DBA) name approved by the Superintendent and the Secretary of State. A name may be reserved by completing the Name Reservation Application – Business.
To transfer more than one broker or one or more salespersons into this LLC from another entity, complete and attach the Multiple License Transfer Affidavit.
Once your business name has been properly registered with the Secretary of State and the company name has been reserved with the Ohio Division of Real Estate:
- Complete the attached form
- Attach to the form following documents
- a copy of the LLC certificate from the Secretary of State
- a list of all members in the LLC, a principal broker must be a member or officer of the LLC
- an original signed affidavit from any member or officer who is not a principal broker that states he/she will not act as a principal broker or management level licensee for the LLC;
- a letter from the bank in which the company’s trust or special account is held that includes the account DBA name, account number, and a statement that the account is a non-interest bearing trust or special account. Non- residents of Ohio must attach the Non-Resident Real Estate Applicant’s Consent to Service of Process.
Note: This application and the information contained therein, except for social security numbers and trust or special account numbers, is public record pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 149.43.
Note: New Brokers – Your original salesperson license must be returned before your broker license will be issued. If you have just passed both parts of the broker examination, you must submit a Broker Transfer/Reactivation Application to activate your broker license. An existing Broker or other Business Entity license must be returned before the LLC license will be issued.