A few points about businesses’ reporting requirements:
- There are no minimum reportable dollar amounts, except for unclaimed wages less than $50.00.
- Businesses must file a report annually. Businesses not holding any unclaimed funds must still file a None (Zero) Report.
See the Report of Unclaimed Funds Forms, Instructions and Information booklet for more information about how to file a report.
- The reporting deadline for non-life insurance companies is Nov. 1. The deadline for life insurance companies is May 1.
- The only entities exempt from reporting are political subdivisions of the state and Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) tax exempt hospitals.
Refer to the information below for more details. Contact the Division of Unclaimed Funds with any questions.
Guides and Information
- Holder FAQs
- Reporting System (HRS) Pro User Guide
- Unclaimed Funds Guide For Real Estate Brokers
- Business To Business Exemption
- Security Delivery Instructions
- NAUPA Request for Reimbursement Form