Web Content Viewer

How Do You Claim Funds?

How Do You Claim Funds?

If you would like to search on-line for funds under your name, click on the Missing Money button and follow the instructions. If you find accounts belonging to you or someone you know, you can either print the claim form and complete it and return it to us for processing, or, if you are unable to print the form, you can submit the information on-line to us and we will mail a claim form to you.

Pursuant to Section 169 of the Ohio Revised Code, you must possess a proprietary interest in an unclaimed account in order to claim property. A proprietary interest can include ownership or a right to the unclaimed funds; however, you may also request a claim form for a family member or friend. Be advised that the information provided on this website is for the use of the general public and is not intended for paid, professional finders. These listings do not contain sufficient information to enable preparation of the required full-disclosure contract, nor is a 'check received date' available for calculation of the 24-month waiting period.

Completing the Claim Form

Please complete and sign the claim form. If the claim is $1000 or more or safe deposit box items, the form must also be notarized. Return it with the required documentation to:

Division of Unclaimed Funds

77 South High Street, 20th Floor

Columbus, Ohio, 43215-6108


Please see the Claim Form Instructions attachment for what specific documentation is needed for your claim.  Please note: additional documentation may be required once we have reviewed your claim.

A copy of your photo identification is always required for all claims. Please make sure it is clear and legible. 

Paid Professional Finders must be registered with the State of Ohio and must submit an original finder agreement before the Division will issue a claim form to the Finder.