All businesses that are located and/or operate in the State of Ohio, or hold funds due to Ohio residents, are required to file an Annual Report of Unclaimed Funds. The only entities exempt from reporting are political subdivisions of the State, and Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) tax exempt hospitals. Holders of unclaimed funds report unclaimed funds to the State of Ohio for safekeeping under the account owner’s name. Please note the following:
- All None reports should be filed through the Ohio Business Gateway (OBG).
- Only ACH Debit or credit cards payments are accepted through the OBG. Otherwise, you must submit a check.
- Flash or jump drives are not acceptable.
- Electronic files should be in National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) standard format.
- If filing electronically, review the file to make sure data is in the correct field/column for each item. If the information submitted is not correct, the filing will be declined and returned for adjustment.
- Due diligence mailings are required for unclaimed funds valued at $50 and greater.
- Only certified due diligence mailings of $1,000 or more can be deducted from the owner’s unclaimed funds.